About Ultimate 关于极限飞盘
Combining the non-stop movement and athletic endurance of soccer with the aerial passing skills of football, a game of Ultimate is played by two teams with a flying disc on a field with endzones, similar to football. The object of the game is to score by catching a pass in the opponent’s endzone. A player must stop running while in possession of the disc, but may pivot and pass to any of the other receivers on the field. Ultimate is a transition game in which players move quickly from offense to defense on turnovers that occur with a dropped pass, an interception, a pass out of bounds, or when a player is caught holding the disc for more than ten seconds. Ultimate is governed by Spirit of the Game, a tradition of sportsmanship that places the responsibility for fair play on the players rather than referees. Ultimate is played in more than 80 countries by an estimated 7 million people. The international governing body, WFDF, represents 59 member associations in 56 countries.
Ultimate in 10 simple rules
- The field: a rectangular shape with endzones at each end. A regulation field is 70 yards by 40 yards, with endzones 25 yards deep.
- Initiating play: each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective endzone line. The defense throws (“pulls”) the disc to the offense. A regulation game has seven players per team.
- Scoring: Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense’s endzone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
- Movement of the disc: the disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc (“thrower”) has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower (“marker”) counts out the stall count.
- Change of possession: When a pass in not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
- Substitutions: players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury timeout.
- Non-contact: no physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
- Fouls: when a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
- Self-refereeing: players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
- Spirit of the Game: ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.
- 场地：使用长方形的场地，两端各有得分区。正规的比赛场面有64m长和37m宽，双方的得分区有18m 长。
Full rules 规则全文: World Flying Disc Federation